Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Wrap-Up

Swim - 31650 yards
Bike - 1502 miles
Run - 1055 miles

Those are the totals good or bad...  Pleased with my overall run mileage.  I made a concerted effort to start the year with a good run focus.  I kept this up for a good portion of the year.  Really happy about that.  During the summer I got out on the bike a good amount.  But I know if I could find a little more time for the bike I could make some improvements there.  And the swim...  It is no secret I do not like the pool at all.  So I tend to avoid swimming outside of race day.  I might need to try to hit the pool a little more this offseason to see if it helps much.

Overall I had a decent season for racing.  I had multiple PR's running: 5 mile, 10 mile, and half marathon.  And all were big improvements over previous PR's.  For my tri season, I had a lot of fun and raced well.  No new PR's, but I had some very good races that I enjoyed.

Now it is time to look forward to 2012.  I have already signed up for the new Superior Man Tri half iron distance at the end of August.  I will also be racing in Grand Rapids at the Timberman Triathlon in mid-July.  My first big race of the season is the Garry Bjorklund half marathon in June.  I am still putting together the remainder of the season, but I have a couple of big races to train for at least.

Let me know if there are any really cool/unique/fun races out there that I should take a look at while I finalize my race season.

No comments:

Post a Comment