Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

2012 Running Schedule

I have added a few more running events to my 2012 schedule and they are both early season events.  I registered for two trail 25k races.  They both fall prior to the Garry Bjorklund half marathon so they should help me be in great condition come race day.

I registered for the Trail Mix 25k solo run in April in the Twin Cities area at Hyland Lake Park Preserve.  I am excited to give this race a shot.  I have heard good things about it and think it will be a good early season test of my run fitness.  Also, the extra couple miles of distance and the extra difficulty trails can bring will be a fun challenge.

The other race I am registered for is the 25k trail race on the Superior Hiking Trail starting at the Lutsen resorts area.  From what I have heard about this, it is one of the tougher sections of the SHT that we run on.  This race is in mid May so it should give me a great test as to where I am less than one month prior to Garry Bjorklund race day.

So basically, my early season will be run heavy.  Then I will need to make sure I get out on my bike so I am ready for the half ironman in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment