Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Northwoods Triathlon Pre-Race

Tomorrow morning is the tenth edition of the Northwoods Triathlon in Nevis, MN.  It is a sprint distance triathlon with 1/4 mile swim, 14 mile bike, and a 3.1 mile run.  I am currently sitting in my hotel room in Park Rapids relaxing as I make final preparations for the morning.

As with last week, it looks like it will be a cool morning.  Low to mid 50's for pre-race prep, and low to mid 60's for race time.  I am sure it will be a little cool on the bike, but that is great run weather.

My goal for tomorrow will be to see just how hard I can push on the bike portion; I am planning on a minimum of a 250 watt average.  Then follow it up with a sub 7:00 pace on the run if all goes well.  If I can pull that off, I think I might have a chance at an age group top three.

After racing on Saturday morning, I will be getting a run in later in the day.  Sunday my plan is to ride the Superior Man course one last time prior to race day followed by one or two laps of the run course.  Then I will start easing back over the last two weeks prior to race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment