Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

NMTC Roughrider Trail Run

This past Sunday 75 or so brave souls met up just off of Beck's Road to tackle the NMTC Roughrider course.  I was hopeful this year as there was little precipitation in the previous day or so.  This would allow us the best opportunity to actually try to "run" the course as opposed to survive as we were doing last year.

I brought my Contour camera with me this year to try and capture what it is like to attempt to run up the power lines.

Note in the video below the following details:

  • The camera is mounted on the right side of my visor...  At eye level...  Even when it appears it is a few inches off of the ground as I climb the power line section.
  • While climbing the power line section I did not have to crawl this year, I was able to walk up all slopes, no matter how close to the ground the video makes it look.
  • Yes, I do realize I sound like a dirty old man with my breathing while I run.  I think I will dub music over the next video I make...
So without further ado, here is a short chunk of the run I posted to YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment