Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Snowy Long Run

I just got home from my weekly long run with the DRC Training group. We ran 10 miles along the Lakewalk this morning. Luckily, the plow came along when we were less than 1/2 mile into the run. This made the footing relatively good for us.

The lake looked pretty neat with the ice and snow piled up from the northeast wind we had over the last few days. The eight ships sitting in the lake waiting to go into the harbor was a neat sight at the edge of the ice pack also. As we were heading back we even saw a tugboat pushing through the ice to presumably help one of the ships into the harbor.

Since we were running on packed snow, I chose to keep a nice tempo pace today. It seems a lot of people had the same idea and there was a group of us that we're pretty close together out to the 4 mile turn. A few turned back there, and the rest of us moved on to the 5 mile turnaround. On the way back Liz and I paced each other and chatted. A good way to spend the Saturday long run all in all.

The weather this week made me miss a couple workouts so I am glad I got out and nailed my ten miles early today. I will make a point of getting a run in tomorrow also, and I might even get a trainer ride in this afternoon. If Mother Nature won't make it easy to ride outside, I will just have to suffer through some more indoor rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment