Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Winter Snowstorm

I will start by saying I love snow, and winter in general. However, we just received a foot of snow with a forecast for more over the next week and it is almost tax day. I should be safely out riding on the roads by now, and instead I am making sure my shovel is in good working order...

I have been running pretty good lately. Joining the DRC marathon training group has helped get me out the door in the less than ideal weather we have been experiencing. So I do feel good about my running so far this season.

My biking is a bit behind where I normally am this time of year. Usually I have gotten the road bike out a few times by now. As of yet I have not had a bicycle out on the roads in 2013. I really want to get out on the roads. Soon... I have my bikes in good condition and am just waiting on the roads to clear up and the weather to get a little warmer.

My swimming started the year out ok. However I have been skipping the pool as of late. I need to make a point about getting to the pool at least once a week for starters. I am hoping signing up for the Point to LaPointe open water swim will give me something to focus on for the swim training.

As summer approaches I have a solid race season lined up so far: Boulder 70.3, Point to LaPointe, Superior Man, and Ironman Lake Tahoe are for sure. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on Chisago Lakes Half and maybe an early season duathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment