Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Lester Park Trail Run

Earlier this afternoon was the Lester River Trail Run.  It was the second to last race in the NMTC fall series.  The weather once again cooperated.  Cool with a bit of a breeze, a perfect crisp fall afternoon.  I decided to ride my road bike over to the park as a sort of warm-up for the run.  The idea was a good one, but my toes were a little chilled when I got to the park. 

Loop-De-Loop

The course for this week was going to be three loops of the "C" loop.  I have run the trails in Lester a few times this summer, but I had no idea which was the "C" loop.  Once we got out on the trail, most of it looked familiar but I do not think I ever ran the course in that order before.  However, the course was the classic Lester run.  As you head away from the lake you are going uphill, and then at some point you turn back towards the lake and go down. 

For the first loop I felt pretty good running.  On the second loop, I seemed to lack any real energy.  I kept running and all, but just could not find any speed in my legs.  All the running I did to be ready for the Twin Cities 10 miler had me running well early this fall.  The lack of running since then has really shown.  No big deal though, these trail runs are a lot of fun no matter what.  They are not races I schedule my training around.

Next Week

I am looking forward to Pine Valley next week.  The final run in the series for the fall.  I have circled the Pine Valley course multiple times on skinny skis, and it is a good circuit for running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment