Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

OT and a Morning Run

Last night was an exciting game.  As a Gopher fan, the first period was great.  The Gophers took advantage of the power plays they were given and played well all around to grab a two goal lead.  In the second and third periods the bulldogs started playing a lot better and the Gophers could not get any consistent offense going 5 v 5.  I was really impressed with a couple of the young players for the Gophers.  Marshall on defense and Rau on the front line played well all night.  Rau had a couple of power play goals and gave the bulldog defense fits.  Marshall moved the puck well and did not seem intimidated at all by playing on the road against the defending champs.  I felt a little bad for Ambroz, he clearly does not play on the penalty kill and spent more time in the box serving other guys penalties than anybody.  In an odd touch of fate, Condon got the game winning goal in OT after being one of the least effective players on the ice all night.  More than one time he tried to make a rush up the ice all by himself without passing the puck only to have the bulldogs steal it away and go the other way. 

Morning Run

It has been a little over a week since I have been out for a good run.  The cold I had really knocked me down from running and biking.  Since I did not have any more races on the horizon, I figured a rest was in order to get well.  This morning I felt good enough so I went out for 4 easy miles.  It felt good to be out running again, and during the first mile I think I coughed up the bad chunks of lung up and left them on the side of the trail.  I think I will be ready to have a nice trail run tomorrow at Hawk Ridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment