Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Runnin' and Roller Derby Saturday

This morning I got up and knocked out a nice 5 mile run.  With a week to go to the TC 10 mile, I want to make sure each run has a purpose.  Today I wanted to have a couple miles of race pace effort, but not work too hard overall.  I will get my last longish (8 miles) run in and I want to be fresh for that.  So for today's run I started out pretty easy for the first mile and a half.  Then I started upping the pace so that at the 2 mile mark I was running at just over 7 minute per mile pace.  I held that for about 2 miles and then eased back for a nice easy one mile cool down. 

I then proceeded to do show random chores around the house.  A little cleaning around the apartment and I also washed my truck.  I haven't done that in a while and it really needed it.  After the chores I am now just relaxing and watching a little college football.  Roll Tide!

Tonight we are going to watch the opening night of the Harbor City Roller Dames in Duluth.  I have never watched roller derby before, but why not?  It could be interesting.  And until hockey season starts, I need to find some fun stuff to do. 

On the hockey note, my co-worker was able to help me out and get tickets for the Gophers vs. bulldogs hockey games at Amsoil arena.  Since he is a season ticket holder he was allowed to buy them before they go on sale to the general public.  So this year I will get to see both games on the weekend.

Well, off to the dinner and the roller derby.  Then I will be trying to knock out a nice final longish run tomorrow.  I will share some thoughts on that tomorrow evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment