Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Long Run

This morning I got out for a nice 8 mile run.  I spent the first two miles easing into the run, and then proceeded to pick up the pace.  After my turn around  at the four mile mark I hit two miles under 7:20 pace that felt pretty good.  I will run a few easy runs this week as I finalize my prep for the 10 miler one week from today. 

The last few times I have been running out on the Lakewalk I have really noticed one of the best parts of off season running.  The trail is so open and clear.  Even when I get down between Fitger's and the pier there are no tourists, very few random walkers etc...  Much nicer than a couple weeks ago when the family let thier kid dart out in front of me when I was on my bike causing me to crash.  This time of year I typically see other runners, some folks walking their dogs, and a few walkers.  I actually enjoy the other people on the trail when out running.  I just wish they would not take up the whole trail and ignore the other people trying to enjoy the trail along with them.

After my nice run this morning, I went shopping for my niece and nephew's birthday presents.  With that taken care of I then took care of rotating the tires on my truck.  I also did some minor bike maintenance on my tri racing bike. 

I hope everyone else had a great weekend and was able to get out and enjoy the good weather.  I will be back this week to talk about some easy runs and the trail run at Spirit Mountain on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment