Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday Trail Run Report

This Wednesday the NMTC run was at Brown's Point in Superior.  This is the third time I have done this race, and the third different course we have run.  This year, the normal trails had not been mowed while the trails on the other side of the road were mowed so we ran on them.  Basically any advantage and ability to pace because I knew the course was out the window.  In my warm-up I did notice how the finish met up with the start of the course so I had an idea of what the last quarter of a mile would look like.

I wanted to run hard tonight, so I made a point of going out strong.  I might have started a little too hard as half way through the run I had a few folks go by me.  I did what I could to keep my pace smooth and handle the quick up/down hills the trail kept throwing at us.  Knowing the finish had a steep down/up with about 100 yards after to the finish was helpful.  I ran the down portion as fast as I could without stumbling and then gave the up portion everything I had left and cruised in for a solid finish. 

Overall this week went well.  The weather was perfect for running.  The clouds were thick, but we did not get rained on.  Temps were in the low 50's and while there was a wind, the trails kept us hidden from the worst of the wind.  Now we get to look forward to next week's run at Spirit Mountain.  I love when the finish line is at the top of the hill...

No comments:

Post a Comment