Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Sunday Long Run, Monday Ride

With the Twin Cities 10 miler coming up, I got in a nice 10 mile long run yesterday.  I used a portion of the Grandma's marathon course to take advantage of the mile markings so I could check my pacing.  Overall I was pleased with the run.  A two mile warm up with then upping the pace till I hit 7:14's for a couple followed by a two mile cool down. 

With the nice warm weather today, I figured I would get a nice easy ride in.  Since my tri season is over for the year, I took the road bike out.  Well, the tri bike is now in pieces for some minor maintenance/modifications could also be the reason I took the road bike out too...  I started out at Ordean school and headed east to Skyline Parkway.  I rode up and jumped off at the top of seven bridges, and then found my way to Tischer.  I kept heading north and then took a left on Zimmerman to head back to Jean Duluth and head home.  On the way up, I kept it pretty easy as the road was either heading up, or a little rougher pavement or both.  Once onto Zimmerman, the pavement was pretty nice so I picked up the pace a little.  The rest of the ride was nice and overall it was a good way to recover from the long run yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment